Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ho, Ho ,Ho...Merry Christmas!




Here you go Marcelle!
I phoned Marcelle yesterday to say her quilt is finished and she said  "you haven't posted on your blog about it?" I said " Well I thought I would give it to you first". "Oh no, I'd much rather see it on your blog first, as I don't do surprises very well". Says Marcelle. I laugh and say, "ok I will post in the next couple of days."

Made using all her Christmas scraps........









.........including the back!



"Please quilt simply" says Marcelle...........























Merry Christmas Marcelle!!












Last night I attached the last hand painted button to Christmas Fun by Lynette Anderson and hung it on my quilt rack next to my Christmas tree.
I really enjoyed hand quilting, just going with the flow, no rush ( although the last couple of days I did think to myself it would be nice to have it finished for this Christmas:-)!!!
When I had thread basted ready to quilt I realised I hadn't done some of the stitching on the edges of the blocks......!!!! Then I thought, does it really matter. I put YoYo's in my four corners just for something a bit different. My Reindeer row is going the opposite way, my house is green....so it isn't exactly the same as Lynette's.....because if it was, well then it would be hers! 





5 comments:

  1. Hi Leeanne

    Love your quilt, very cute.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt with the gift packages! really well done! I've rarely seen with this model! BRAVO BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful, I love this pattern, and you have found the perfect spot for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcelle's quilt turned out beautifully - so colourful and Christmassy. And good on you for getting the handquilting done on Lynette's wallhanging in time for Christmas - a unique version :-)

    ReplyDelete