Sunday, April 8, 2012

Welcome April! 
I like this quilt, not the colours but the pattern.



This is a Lynette Anderson pattern called : "Orange Tree Cushion" I finished this week as a sample for The Country Yard.






The back of the cushion.
And when I loaded the photo's I spotted my booboo..............take a look at the blue daisies..................




NO french knots!!!!!!!

 Now these are my Angel Story blocks so far....................



Pot plant Penelope  

This was a very popular BOM a few years ago, designed by Annie Downs. I bought the book, a Jelly roll, charm pack & co coordinating fabrics. You won't see this finished any day soon, but I am enjoying stitching away in the evenings. The flowers in this block were meant to be just stitched daisies, but I wanted to try my hand at English daisies using wool felt.
Angela the Animal Lover

Millicent the Magnificent Mum
Hettie at the Hat Shop
  Again this block was meant to have stitched daisies, but I did some English daisies, I like the texture.
Last but not least a book finish for me.....................



Wishing you all a hopping good Easter!




4 comments:

  1. beautiful stitching. I have always loved the 'Angel Story'. Maybe I will look into getting the book one day. Happy Easter!
    Cath
    @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he... I wouldn't have known the flowers didn't have french knots if you didn't say anything, it still looks beautiful.
    The Angel Story Quilt is going to look fabulous when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Angel Story blocks are lovely - I do like the range you are using. And the cushion, too, is gorgeous - it also works well in those fabrics. Bet you enjoyed the book?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the english daisies! Stitching looks beautiful and I love the pillow. Hope you are having a fab Easter, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete