Sunday, March 17, 2013

More quilts.......................



Hello bloggy friends! A special hello to my new followers, always lovely to see :-)
Well I have some more secrets to reveal as I mentioned in my last post.

Anni Downs has designed another lovely BOM with her very own fabric range called : 'Love to Garden'. The quilt is called Tillies Lane, I love this name because my Dad always called me Tillie.

This quilt has piecing , applique with a touch of stitchery. I kept the quilting very simple, much like how Anni did hers.



Lots of ditch stitching........& cross hatching with a bit of echoing & stipple. There is still softness which is sometimes lost with heavier more intense quilting.

Next...............................

 A Moda design called
 " Wonky Baby" . Simple quilting, I created a nine patch on the plain solid blocks by quilting a' nine patch' in red thread, maybe if you click on the photo you will see.
With one charm square left I used in the backing....................................

 
 
here's one of the quilt hanging in the shop, see to the right?
 

I still have more to show you, but I wanted to share something I made when I got back from my visit to Julie's wee Threadbear Cottage . I was so inspired that I just had to make a bunting made from doilies. I dyed mine with Parisiane Essence for a 'Prim' look. I quite like it hanging in my studio, it seems to soften the harsh lines.




Hanging out in the old apple tree..............................................








10 comments:

  1. Hi Leeanne, I just LOVE that Anni Downs quilt you have done ... just love how the blocks seem to pop right out at you with your quilting :-)
    And your bunting looks amazing my friend!!! Very vintage & heirloom - something to be handed down the generations perhaps. Love the old buttons on it too - Julie Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leanne, congrats! Your quilt is fantastic!
    A big hug from Italy, Emanuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the bunting :) It's just so pretty, Leeanne - beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bunting is so gentle and vintage looking. Great idea.
    Nice job on the quilts. Dense quilting may look amazing, but I like my quilts to be soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilts and lovely quilting! I LOVE the doilies!

    Have a nice day, Leeanne, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how many quilts you churn out, even if it is only the quilting of them...
    I have a soft spot for bunting too, yours looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bunting Leeanne, you sure must have got lots of little tips and ideas from your trip to Threadbear Cottage. Can't wait to visit myself

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilts Leeanne, you have been busy! Love your bunting, it looks perfect in your studio (and in the apple tree!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool bunting!! I really must come visit that studio of yours!!! The quilts have turned out lovely - and don't they all look great hanging in our special shop?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, Leeanne! I love your new banner picture too - gorgeous quilting.

    p.s. I am a fair-weather kind of gal. I left the snowman building to my husband, and just briefly left the house to take the pictures. :) You are more than welcome to our cold and snow, as I am ready for the warmer weather. I have been sick 3 times this year... :(

    ReplyDelete