Friday, March 28, 2014

"A Merry Christmas Garden"




I have finished quilting my BOM sample for the shop. This is a lovely design, it was a delight to make with simple straight forward instructions. Gail Pan is the designer of this Christmas quilt.
I gave myself one week to attach the last two blocks, two borders, quilt, label, hanging sleeve & bind.................remind me next time to give myself more time please! Never mind a few day & night shifts got this finished, it has now gone to it temporary home at The Country Yard.


My new fav thing at the moment is boxed feathers. You see there is a touch of stitchery in this quilt, the odd 'Christmasy' word...........'Love'..........'Believe'............'Blessings'.......................



I set about ditch stitching, orange peel, echos, dense background fillers of 'Mctavishing', pebbles & swirls. Did I say ditch stitching?? lol!!



Are you loving this quilt so far? We still have a few spaces available, pop over to The Country Yard website & sign up!





            I took the following photo as the light was fading, but it is probably my fav photo.



So there you go, a bit of Christmas as the month of March drifts away from us for another year. H I am off to work in our temporary shop at the Whangarei Quilt show at the Forum North tomorrow, if you are in my neck of the woods I'd love you to stop by & say hi.

Wishing you a happy weekend!

15 comments:

  1. That is a VERY gorgeous pattern & fabrics you have used there Leeanne - plus of course the quilting is just amazing ... & beautiful. And I just have to comment ... your lawn is Oh SO green ... you have obviously had alot more rain up that way than us down here in the brown dust bowl that is the Waikato!! !!!! Beautiful pics - enjoy your day at the Quilt Show tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and stunning quilting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all of the above! The quilt and the quilting is stunning!!!-as usual!! Have a great weekend, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Boy do I just love that quilt! Just love your quilting the whole quilt is stunning. How do you collage the photos together? I just cannot work that out. Is it in windows paint?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the boxed feathers are new to me, but I like the look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A real work of art Leeanne - well worth the late nights to get it finished, I'd say. Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! I love all of the detail--and I can't believe your finish timeframe. I would still be attaching borders. I always stall there. I can't imagine how you squeezed it all in, but it is a stellar finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilting is amazing Leeanne and it sure makes the quilt look sensational. I can't believe you got it finished so quickly. Maybe not such a tight timeline next time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's lovely Leeanne.
    Gorgeous Christmas colours and beautiful quilting to finish it off.
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete


  11. It looks stunning in the flesh( at the show that is!!) great job Leeanne, under pressure as well, and I hope you enjoyed your day.
    Hugs
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beauty! I haven't seen a finished version of this before now, you've made a stunning job of it, I love your boxed feathers, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous quilt Leeanne! No doubt you are super proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you have quilted this lovely quilt. My blocks have taken over the dining table. Once completed I will try to remember your quilting not that I can do feathers! Congrats on such beautiful work. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, wow!! This quilt is stunning. You really should stand up and take a bow!

    ReplyDelete