Sunday, October 26, 2014

Quilts and MORE quilts!


First up, yesterday was The Country Yard's annual exhibition.
 What a lovely way to celebrate being open another year and a special way to thank our loyal customers. Customers that have either completed a Block of the Month, kit or purchased fabric and patterns from the shop can exhibit their finished quilts. Every year we receive a wonderful selection.




With weather that couldn't be more perfect and live music from a local Dixieland band called "Red Arrows"  to entertain while strolling in the country garden and lovely snacks to nibble on.


I was commissioned by several of my customers to either custom quilt or create an all over design  on their quilts.







Suz won viewers' choice with her Berries and Bluebirds, a design by Gail Pan with Suz having her very own spin on the original design.
It was a fun day!

Next is a quilt that I started at retreat last year. I finished the top, then took over a year to get around to quilting it!


Made using one layer cake ( Simple Marks by Malka Dubrawsky) and a moda solid. The Pattern is called 'Urban Birthday' by Jenny Pedigo from Sew Kind Of Wonderful using Jenny's unique quick curve ruler.


I custom quilted this as a birthday present for my brother. I used Aurifil's variegated poly thread quilting leaves and a wood grain type of design and a simple stipple over Matilda's Own wool/poly batting.



Thanks for stopping by, wishing you a magic weekend.

20 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great day. I was really sorry I couldn't make it up there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry i could not make it either! Lol!!!!! I have goose bumps for you! Big smiles directed at you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to have been a great exhibition I would have loved to get up from Auckland but not possible this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like something I would love to attend, from the quilts to the music. What a fun event!
    Nice quilt you made for your brother. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't make it this weekend either, so thank you for sharing with us the beautiful efforts from everyone. The quilt for your brother is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Leeanne, I did think of you all yesterday & hoped the day went well - sure looks like it. That is one exhibition I would so love to attend, it all looks amazing & so glad you had a nice fine day for it. Your brothers quilt is lovely too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely display of quilts Leeanne, also something I would love to attend.
    Love all the quilts, amazing DWR, and your brother's quilt is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks a wonderful weekend, if only I lived closer!! Gorgeous displays. Your quilt is beautiful and I love the quilting you did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excited for Suz! Looks like you had an awesome day. I'm going to make it next year or bust! And I love, love LOVE your curvy red quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like a wonderful day with lovely quilts to admire. Congrats to the winners x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous day and an awesome array of quilts. Loving the quilt displayed on the old pickup.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun time Leeanne and the weather was perfect! I love the design, colors, and quilting on the Urban Birthday quilt... Congrats on getting it done ;) Take care, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an awesome day. So great for the ladies who made quilts over the year. Bet it was fun seeing your work again too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to see your photos of the Big Day, Leeanne. So do you think we were standing together when we took some of those photos, som eof mine are very similar!! Good on you getting your brother's quilt done, it came out great with your wonderful quilting finishing it off :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous weekend, I wish I lived closer also! Love seeing quilts displayed so beautifully. Great quilting on your brothers quilt-would expect nothing less!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful display of quilts , it really looks like it was a nice event to take part in .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great weekend filled with lots of happy goodies! Love your quilt too... there is something very captivating about curves to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect day for it - looks like a fun event to participate in.

    ReplyDelete
  19. popped over as instructed to do from Raewyn`s blog so good to see so many lovely quilts great colours in your delightful one

    ReplyDelete
  20. great quilts. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete