Sunday, March 29, 2015

Custom quilting & this & that.



Happy Sunday to you readers and friends.


Sharing with you a very pretty quilt called 'Love in Paris' designed by The Country Yard exclusively for the Northern Shop Hop. (see here for more details) This will be an exciting time for quilters in the Auckland and Northland area.



Custom quilted with feathers, orange peel, ribbon candy, cross hatching and swirls made for a fun quilt to work on.



Five pretty stitcheries to give you a feel for some of the best things a girl can do in Paris!


Not to forget a show of the pieced backing for you back lovers out there!


 Yesterday afternoon rolled out a couple of spare hours for me, so I chose to put four more of my Wendy Briggs Stitcheries together, I guess I could have done some housework or mowed the lawn, but my blocks were calling me, so what was I to do?


I have four more stitcheries to go to complete this quilt,  I am enjoying the process so much. In the evenings I stitch then when I have time once one or two blocks are finished I piece the block together.This block is one of my favourites.


Today I found happiness (it's there so often if one keeps their eyes & heart open!) out tramping. Enjoy the following photo's and know that your comments and visits sure do spread some happiness my way! Take care & continue to find happiness to fill your life.





12 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt Leeanne and I particularly love the Wendy Briggs stitchery, it is going to be a beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Housework?gardening? Quilting? No. Competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Linda - no competition!! Love the Paris quilt :-) and also your Wendy Briggs stitcheries - all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh oohhhh ooohh I love those quilts, I love the mix of stitchery too, all in my fav colours of the moment ...... it's all too much...I have the vapours xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Leeanne, gosh you Country Yard girls sure do churn out some beautiful quilts ... lucky I dont live closer, I would be constantly broke !!!! Love that top quilt & also your Country Friends design is looking pretty damn gorgeous. Glad you had a good days tramping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Eiffel Tower stitchery in the middle of the quilt, perfect with those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Paris quilt looks great Leeanne and so does the stitchery. So glad you had some fine weather to get out tramping those rocks are amazing!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially love the way you put those swirly feathers in the "Paris" quilt.
    Your W.B. blocks are so fun! Just make me grin. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilts again Leeanne..love the Wendy Briggs stitcheries. No competition if the decision has to be between house work/moving the lawn and sewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilting is lovely Leeanne and so are your stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work - the quilting of course and such lovely stitching! And finding joy... is there anything better? Hope you have a wonderful week x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love in Paris is amazingly beautiful!!!! Love the stitching, and what beautiful quilting. And the yummy colors......can you tell I love everything about it?

    ReplyDelete